www.RadarTracer.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Time since narrowbanding occured Jan,1,13
Solar Output Data for Today!!
Latest topics
» Anything new from VR?
Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:55 pm by CactusMan

» FCC Mandates Rebanding to Narrow band by Jan-1-2013
Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:27 pm by CactusMan

» Speedcams Coming to Indiana
Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:12 am by RemoteInstall

» New Redline Firmware Upgrade is Available
Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:50 am by GTO_04

» Hardware Upgrade in the Works for the V1
Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:00 am by RemoteInstall

» What is with being radared from a location that is fixated but subdooed?
Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:46 am by RemoteInstall

» Considering new Lidar jammer to defeat the Laser Ally.. Which should I get?
Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 pm by RemoteInstall

» Kustom Pro II Laser speed gun
Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:55 pm by RemoteInstall

» Winner of drawing to be shipped free SuperProtector plate cover.! Please List your name here to be put into the drawing for 2013 Superprotector Cover!
Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 pm by RemoteInstall

Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System

4 posters

Go down

Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System Empty Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System

Post by visualestimate Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:55 am

MILWAUKEE WI-- A Milwaukee alderman has subpoenaed the chief of police. Their battle is over the city's police radio system.

The alderman is threatening imprisonment if the chief doesn't comply with his request.

Eight years and nearly $18 million in the making, the Milwaukee Police Department's OpenSky radio system went on line earlier this year. It's been plagued by complaints from the police union that it's unreliable.

Police Chief Ed Flynn is now targeted with this Common Council subpoena from Alderman Bob Donovan, demanding tens of thousands of records about the radios dating back to 2003.

The chief has already denied an open records request, saying it is overly broad and time-consuming.

"He can take this subpoena and fight it in court. I hope it doesn't get to that point, but by God, I'm going to look into this and get to the bottom of it once and for all, and he's not going get in my way," Donovan said.

The subpoena threatens possible imprisonment if it's not complied with. Donovan told 12 News he plans to work with the Mayor Tom Barrett to improve the radio system, but the mayor said this subpoena is a political stunt.

"He's not interested in working with me. He's interested in getting on TV. That's what this is all about, is how he can get some attention," Barrett said. "He hasn't reached out to this office. He's trying to grandstand, to have the police chief do what he wants him to do. And in a tough situation, I'd much rather have the police chief have my back than Bob Donovan."

"If anybody knows me, though, knows how serious I am about this issue, no it's not a stunt... I certainly didn't take this lightly, but when you back me into the corner, and I got no choice, I'm coming out swinging," Donovan said.

Donovan also wants the police department to allow the media to monitor the encrypted radio system, but the mayor and chief are opposed, saying it compromises officer safety.

Donovan's subpoena gives the chief six months to compile the records, which, based on his response, it appears the chief has no intention of doing.

visualestimate
Cat and Mouse Professional

Back to top Go down

Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System Empty Re: Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System

Post by protias Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:43 pm

Compromise safety? Like how often OpenSky goes down? Ya, that doesn't compromise officer safety at all. Rolling Eyes

protias
Electronics Tester
Electronics Tester

Back to top Go down

Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System Empty Re: Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System

Post by category4 Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:59 pm

What is it they need to hide from the media? I hate this encrypted radio transmission stuff, you know it's not about safety, but rather keeping the public from knowing what is going on.
category4
category4
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System Empty Better yet?

Post by RemoteInstall Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:13 pm

Better yet why are they denying the press the "Freedom of the press?" Why is our governement attempting so hard to revoke our right's? That's a much broader question since we want to discuss broad. Here's where this gets very interesting. What is so secret that you need to hide your transmissions officers? Exactly what? We all on this forum know that the average user couldn't use today's scanners. They are far too sophisticated for the average Joe to even imagine programming with any satisfaction. Thus, they are attempting to do what, "Nothing but hide things." There is a reason that our founding forfathers gaves us the right of a, "Free Press." It was a check and balance to keep these nimrod's we call out leaders in check. See, because herein lies the problem, even our founding forefathers were smart enough to realize that someone with power especially that type and kind of power cannot just be trusted with it to not abuse it.
If i stand correct, is this not the same reason we left Mother England? Tyranny? Greed? Lastly, abuse of our general right's that every man should have? Sure sounds to a, "Relative here of Benjamin Franklin" that we are tromping down that beaten path once more. What is it going to take for the people to stand up and say enough? War? Death? Peril? A point of no return?

I commend this officer in his actions. Thankyou sir for your service to your country. Thankyou for standing up for what our US Army calls core Army Values. Courage, Integrity, Selfless Service.

RemoteInstall-
RemoteInstall
RemoteInstall
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

http://speedenforcement.freeforumshosting.info/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by visualestimate Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:41 pm

X2 to thanking that officer against the people he works for. Hats off to yah sir! cheers

visualestimate

Back to top Go down

Wis. Chief Subpoenaed Over Radio System Empty Bets

Post by RemoteInstall Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:49 pm

I hope that that ps chief likes bubba.

Remoteinstall
RemoteInstall
RemoteInstall
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

http://speedenforcement.freeforumshosting.info/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by visualestimate Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:41 pm

He better watch to not pick up the Butterfinger or the soap on the floor if it is dropped.

visualestimate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down