www.RadarTracer.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Time since narrowbanding occured Jan,1,13
Solar Output Data for Today!!
Latest topics
» Anything new from VR?
Tenn. Deputies Hunt Deer to Feed the Hungry I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:55 pm by CactusMan

» FCC Mandates Rebanding to Narrow band by Jan-1-2013
Tenn. Deputies Hunt Deer to Feed the Hungry I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:27 pm by CactusMan

» Speedcams Coming to Indiana
Tenn. Deputies Hunt Deer to Feed the Hungry I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:12 am by RemoteInstall

» New Redline Firmware Upgrade is Available
Tenn. Deputies Hunt Deer to Feed the Hungry I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:50 am by GTO_04

» Hardware Upgrade in the Works for the V1
Tenn. Deputies Hunt Deer to Feed the Hungry I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:00 am by RemoteInstall

» What is with being radared from a location that is fixated but subdooed?
Tenn. Deputies Hunt Deer to Feed the Hungry I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:46 am by RemoteInstall

» Considering new Lidar jammer to defeat the Laser Ally.. Which should I get?
Tenn. Deputies Hunt Deer to Feed the Hungry I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 pm by RemoteInstall

» Kustom Pro II Laser speed gun
Tenn. Deputies Hunt Deer to Feed the Hungry I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:55 pm by RemoteInstall

» Winner of drawing to be shipped free SuperProtector plate cover.! Please List your name here to be put into the drawing for 2013 Superprotector Cover!
Tenn. Deputies Hunt Deer to Feed the Hungry I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 pm by RemoteInstall

Tenn. Deputies Hunt Deer to Feed the Hungry

Go down

Tenn. Deputies Hunt Deer to Feed the Hungry Empty Tenn. Deputies Hunt Deer to Feed the Hungry

Post by visualestimate Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:34 am

PARIS, Tenn. -- Law enforcement officers are expected to keep the peace, but they're hardly expected to go out and hunt for the public to put food on the table.

Henry County Sheriff Monte Belew is proud of what sits in his jail's freezer: hundreds of pounds of ground deer venison, much of it provided by his staff and local hunters who go out on their off days and hunt for the hungry.

"So if you can do something while you're off duty to help the people you've dealt with while you're on duty, it's a win-win situation," Belew said.

Once the deer is harvested, inmates like David Williams use their skills to clean the deer and process it into ground venison.

Williams will spend Christmas in prison this year, but he said this work makes him want to be a better person.

"It makes you think twice about things you do. It makes you feel really good. It's truly a blessing that we get to put our abilities to better use," Williams said.

Like a lot of counties in Middle Tennessee, Henry County is suffering from double-digit unemployment. Even though downtown looks like a Christmas card, many people there could use a little help.

"If we have people in Tennessee that are needy, that don't have meat on the table, it's a crying shame because of the natural resources we have here," said Henry County hunter Brenda Valentine.

Free venison is offered at the Henry County Jail every Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. The next giveaway is Christmas Eve.

visualestimate
Cat and Mouse Professional
Cat and Mouse Professional

Back to top Go down