www.RadarTracer.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Time since narrowbanding occured Jan,1,13
Solar Output Data for Today!!
Latest topics
» Anything new from VR?
Speeding Motorist Hit Pennsylvania Cruiser on Traffic Stop I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:55 pm by CactusMan

» FCC Mandates Rebanding to Narrow band by Jan-1-2013
Speeding Motorist Hit Pennsylvania Cruiser on Traffic Stop I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:27 pm by CactusMan

» Speedcams Coming to Indiana
Speeding Motorist Hit Pennsylvania Cruiser on Traffic Stop I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:12 am by RemoteInstall

» New Redline Firmware Upgrade is Available
Speeding Motorist Hit Pennsylvania Cruiser on Traffic Stop I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:50 am by GTO_04

» Hardware Upgrade in the Works for the V1
Speeding Motorist Hit Pennsylvania Cruiser on Traffic Stop I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:00 am by RemoteInstall

» What is with being radared from a location that is fixated but subdooed?
Speeding Motorist Hit Pennsylvania Cruiser on Traffic Stop I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:46 am by RemoteInstall

» Considering new Lidar jammer to defeat the Laser Ally.. Which should I get?
Speeding Motorist Hit Pennsylvania Cruiser on Traffic Stop I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 pm by RemoteInstall

» Kustom Pro II Laser speed gun
Speeding Motorist Hit Pennsylvania Cruiser on Traffic Stop I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:55 pm by RemoteInstall

» Winner of drawing to be shipped free SuperProtector plate cover.! Please List your name here to be put into the drawing for 2013 Superprotector Cover!
Speeding Motorist Hit Pennsylvania Cruiser on Traffic Stop I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 pm by RemoteInstall

Speeding Motorist Hit Pennsylvania Cruiser on Traffic Stop

Go down

Speeding Motorist Hit Pennsylvania Cruiser on Traffic Stop Empty Speeding Motorist Hit Pennsylvania Cruiser on Traffic Stop

Post by visualestimate Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:47 am

A Southern Regional police officer escaped injury Monday when a speeding vehicle struck his patrol car during a traffic stop in Pequea Township, police said.

Officer Timothy Ferrell had pulled over an SUV in the 100 block of Stoney Lane and was out of his cruiser speaking with the driver, who stayed in his car, police said.

Meanwhile, a 1990 Honda Civic traveling east on Stoney Lane at a high rate of speed crested a hill, at which time the driver saw the patrol car ahead, police said.

The driver of the Honda, Brandon D. Foltz, 21, of Lancaster, "slammed on the brakes" and skidded 261 feet, smashing into the rear of the stopped police cruiser, according to police.

The cruiser then struck the rear of the SUV involved in the initial traffic stop.

Foltz was taken by ambulance to Lancaster General Hospital, where he was treated for facial injuries, police Chief John Fiorill said.

Neither Ferrell or the driver of the SUV was injured.

"Everybody involved is very, very lucky," Fiorill said.

Fiorill said witnesses estimated Foltz was driving at speeds in excess of 70 mph when he hit the brakes 30 feet past the crest of the hill.

Fiorill said he wasn't certain of the posted speed limit on that stretch of road, but said it's either 35 or 40 mph.

Prior to the 2:13 p.m. crash, he said, several vehicles had safely passed the stopped cruiser and SUV.

"Without a doubt, speed was the cause of this crash," Fiorill said. "When you consider the force at which the cruiser was struck - it was in park and was pushed forward 15 feet - it's really amazing it wasn't much worse."

The patrol car and Foltz's Honda had to be towed from the scene. Fiorill said the cruiser was a total loss.

Foltz was charged with multiple traffic violations, including driving vehicle at safe speed, reckless driving and failure to wear a seat belt.

He also was charged with duty of driver in emergency response area, a violation of the Steer Clear law, which requires drivers to move over or slow down when approaching an emergency scene, traffic stop or disabled vehicle.

visualestimate
Cat and Mouse Professional
Cat and Mouse Professional

Back to top Go down