www.RadarTracer.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Time since narrowbanding occured Jan,1,13
Solar Output Data for Today!!
Latest topics
» Anything new from VR?
Could New York City soon post cameras in ‘No Truck’ zones? I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:55 pm by CactusMan

» FCC Mandates Rebanding to Narrow band by Jan-1-2013
Could New York City soon post cameras in ‘No Truck’ zones? I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:27 pm by CactusMan

» Speedcams Coming to Indiana
Could New York City soon post cameras in ‘No Truck’ zones? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:12 am by RemoteInstall

» New Redline Firmware Upgrade is Available
Could New York City soon post cameras in ‘No Truck’ zones? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:50 am by GTO_04

» Hardware Upgrade in the Works for the V1
Could New York City soon post cameras in ‘No Truck’ zones? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:00 am by RemoteInstall

» What is with being radared from a location that is fixated but subdooed?
Could New York City soon post cameras in ‘No Truck’ zones? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:46 am by RemoteInstall

» Considering new Lidar jammer to defeat the Laser Ally.. Which should I get?
Could New York City soon post cameras in ‘No Truck’ zones? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 pm by RemoteInstall

» Kustom Pro II Laser speed gun
Could New York City soon post cameras in ‘No Truck’ zones? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:55 pm by RemoteInstall

» Winner of drawing to be shipped free SuperProtector plate cover.! Please List your name here to be put into the drawing for 2013 Superprotector Cover!
Could New York City soon post cameras in ‘No Truck’ zones? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 pm by RemoteInstall

Could New York City soon post cameras in ‘No Truck’ zones?

Go down

Could New York City soon post cameras in ‘No Truck’ zones? Empty Could New York City soon post cameras in ‘No Truck’ zones?

Post by visualestimate Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:38 am

Yet more cameras needed that will cost us money!
A bill in the New York State Legislature is intended to get tough with truck drivers using New York City streets that are off limits to trucks. Professional drivers say it is no easy task trying to navigate through the city.

Sponsored by Sen. Daniel Squadron, D-Brooklyn, the bill would set up a pilot truck weight photo-monitoring system in New York City.

Targeted at trucks using roadways posted as a “No Truck” zone, it would allow city government to set up a local law or ordinance to create a demonstration program. As many as 50 intersections could be outfitted with photo-monitoring devices to snap pictures of trucks.

Owner-operator and OOIDA Life Member Lou Esposito, of Duanesburg, NY, said passage of the effort would be another reason to avoid going into the city.

“It’s hard enough to navigate through New York City. You can be stuck on a road and make a turn without even knowing it’s a road that’s posted,” Esposito told Land Line. “And if this bill goes through you’ll end up with a ticket, with a fine in the mail.”

Cameras would be activated by a vehicle sensor working in conjunction with a vehicle scale. Owners of vehicles found in violation would face $50 fines. No points would be added to the driver’s license and the insurance company would not be notified.

Owners not driving the vehicle at the time of the offense could seek indemnification against the operator.

Owner-operator and OOIDA Senior Member Terry Button, of Rushville, NY, said elected officials should make better use of their time to address issues of concern in New York City.

“We have so many more important things to do than worry about whether a truck might go through a no truck zone to deliver something. Trucks aren’t going to go down there for the hell of it,” Button said.

Esposito said he is not surprised to hear about this latest effort by officials to stick it to truckers.

“They are not trucker friendly. That’s why truckers don’t want to come to New York State,” he said.

The bill – S875 – is in the Senate Transportation Committee.

visualestimate
Cat and Mouse Professional
Cat and Mouse Professional

Back to top Go down