www.RadarTracer.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Time since narrowbanding occured Jan,1,13
Solar Output Data for Today!!
Latest topics
» Anything new from VR?
Plate Scanners and Veil I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:55 pm by CactusMan

» FCC Mandates Rebanding to Narrow band by Jan-1-2013
Plate Scanners and Veil I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:27 pm by CactusMan

» Speedcams Coming to Indiana
Plate Scanners and Veil I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:12 am by RemoteInstall

» New Redline Firmware Upgrade is Available
Plate Scanners and Veil I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:50 am by GTO_04

» Hardware Upgrade in the Works for the V1
Plate Scanners and Veil I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:00 am by RemoteInstall

» What is with being radared from a location that is fixated but subdooed?
Plate Scanners and Veil I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:46 am by RemoteInstall

» Considering new Lidar jammer to defeat the Laser Ally.. Which should I get?
Plate Scanners and Veil I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 pm by RemoteInstall

» Kustom Pro II Laser speed gun
Plate Scanners and Veil I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:55 pm by RemoteInstall

» Winner of drawing to be shipped free SuperProtector plate cover.! Please List your name here to be put into the drawing for 2013 Superprotector Cover!
Plate Scanners and Veil I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 pm by RemoteInstall

Plate Scanners and Veil

3 posters

Go down

Plate Scanners and Veil Empty Plate Scanners and Veil

Post by Rocky2 Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:47 pm

http://www.elsag.com/detail.asp?i=140

Looks they started using plate scanners in Alpharetta and Sandy Springs, Ga. It says it uses infrared light to read the plates. I wonder how effective Veil would be against these systems ?

Rocky2
Electronics Testing Technition
Electronics Testing Technition

Back to top Go down

Plate Scanners and Veil Empty Re: Plate Scanners and Veil

Post by category4 Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:54 pm

They use them in Gwinnett also.

I think this is what got me a ticket for having a photo plate cover. The LEO passed me and got about 5 car lengths in front of me then slowed and pulled in behind me. He had the plate readers on the back of his car and I think it must have given him an alarm that it did not read all the plate.
category4
category4
Admin

Back to top Go down

Plate Scanners and Veil Empty I would think.

Post by RemoteInstall Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:31 pm

I would beleive that the plate would still be legiable. I do not recommend using veil on your LP. Due to veil making your plate look extremely covered in mud. It makes it look very dirty, and if an officer in NJ is going to ticket me for superprotector, which is a clear lensed plate cover.. I would assume veil would get you ticket's much more frequently! Besides. It would still read it. It would just look darker like in real life. The reason you can't read it with superprotector, is it uses a prism to shift the light inside of the plate cover thereby blocking light to enter or leave the plastic plate. Making what you see from an angle appear black in color. Which the camera is going to see to. Even if it is full time HD video. I have preformed a full time video test. It was still blackened. Straight on the plate is visiable to the camera and the naked eye. The rule of thumb here should be, what every your naked eye can see. A camera can see or even, "enhance." So end verdict on this, No the camera will read your plate, you'll get a ticket for a obstructed plate.

RemoteInstall-
RemoteInstall
RemoteInstall
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

http://speedenforcement.freeforumshosting.info/forum

Back to top Go down

Plate Scanners and Veil Empty Re: Plate Scanners and Veil

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down