www.RadarTracer.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Time since narrowbanding occured Jan,1,13
Solar Output Data for Today!!
Latest topics
» Anything new from VR?
Teen Steals Texas Deputy's Gun, Kills Self I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:55 pm by CactusMan

» FCC Mandates Rebanding to Narrow band by Jan-1-2013
Teen Steals Texas Deputy's Gun, Kills Self I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:27 pm by CactusMan

» Speedcams Coming to Indiana
Teen Steals Texas Deputy's Gun, Kills Self I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:12 am by RemoteInstall

» New Redline Firmware Upgrade is Available
Teen Steals Texas Deputy's Gun, Kills Self I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:50 am by GTO_04

» Hardware Upgrade in the Works for the V1
Teen Steals Texas Deputy's Gun, Kills Self I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:00 am by RemoteInstall

» What is with being radared from a location that is fixated but subdooed?
Teen Steals Texas Deputy's Gun, Kills Self I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:46 am by RemoteInstall

» Considering new Lidar jammer to defeat the Laser Ally.. Which should I get?
Teen Steals Texas Deputy's Gun, Kills Self I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 pm by RemoteInstall

» Kustom Pro II Laser speed gun
Teen Steals Texas Deputy's Gun, Kills Self I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:55 pm by RemoteInstall

» Winner of drawing to be shipped free SuperProtector plate cover.! Please List your name here to be put into the drawing for 2013 Superprotector Cover!
Teen Steals Texas Deputy's Gun, Kills Self I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 pm by RemoteInstall

Teen Steals Texas Deputy's Gun, Kills Self

2 posters

Go down

Teen Steals Texas Deputy's Gun, Kills Self Empty Teen Steals Texas Deputy's Gun, Kills Self

Post by visualestimate Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:58 pm

MONTANA VISTA, Texas -- A 19-year-old man killed himself Friday afternoon after grabbing a sheriff's deputy's gun near Mountain View High School, according to the El Paso County Sheriff's Office.

The man and the deputy had gotten into a brief foot chase and a struggle about 4:30 in the 14900 block of Greg Road in Montana Vista, said Deputy Jesse Tovar, a spokesman for the Sheriff's Office.

During the struggle, the man tried to grab the deputy's Taser and then obtained his gun, Tovar said.

Officials said the man pointed the gun first at the officer and then at himself. He then shot himself in the head.

He was dead at the scene, Tovar said.

"This could have turned out a lot worse," Tovar said. "Our deputies risk their lives every day. You never know what the mindset is of someone when you encounter them. This individual had a felony warrant and a violent history."

Neither the man nor the deputy was identified on Friday.

Tovar said he couldn't recall a similar instance in recent years in which a suspect was able to grab an officer's gun.

The deceased was not a student in the Clint Independent School District, Tovar said. At no time were any students involved in the incident, nor did any of it take place on school property, he added.

The incident started when a deputy was driving along Greg Road and noticed three people walking on the side of the road. He recognized one of them as having a felony warrant out for his arrest, Tovar said.

The officer detained them

and checked whether the warrant was still valid.

The suspect heard over the radio that there was a warrant for his arrest, and he took off running, Tovar said.

After the shooting, the other two individuals were detained for questioning.

An administrative investigation into the incident is being conducted, Tovar said. Such an investigation is standard procedure when a weapon is involved.

visualestimate
Cat and Mouse Professional
Cat and Mouse Professional

Back to top Go down

Teen Steals Texas Deputy's Gun, Kills Self Empty Re: Teen Steals Texas Deputy's Gun, Kills Self

Post by RemoteInstall Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:42 am

Real nice, looks like the officer's are truly looking out for the peoples real safety. Word has it that Obama just signed Martial Law bills into place. Better be ready.

Remoteinstall-
RemoteInstall
RemoteInstall
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

http://speedenforcement.freeforumshosting.info/forum

Back to top Go down