www.RadarTracer.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Time since narrowbanding occured Jan,1,13
Solar Output Data for Today!!
Latest topics
» Anything new from VR?
Thoughts on the Laser Ally? I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:55 pm by CactusMan

» FCC Mandates Rebanding to Narrow band by Jan-1-2013
Thoughts on the Laser Ally? I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:27 pm by CactusMan

» Speedcams Coming to Indiana
Thoughts on the Laser Ally? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:12 am by RemoteInstall

» New Redline Firmware Upgrade is Available
Thoughts on the Laser Ally? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:50 am by GTO_04

» Hardware Upgrade in the Works for the V1
Thoughts on the Laser Ally? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:00 am by RemoteInstall

» What is with being radared from a location that is fixated but subdooed?
Thoughts on the Laser Ally? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:46 am by RemoteInstall

» Considering new Lidar jammer to defeat the Laser Ally.. Which should I get?
Thoughts on the Laser Ally? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 pm by RemoteInstall

» Kustom Pro II Laser speed gun
Thoughts on the Laser Ally? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:55 pm by RemoteInstall

» Winner of drawing to be shipped free SuperProtector plate cover.! Please List your name here to be put into the drawing for 2013 Superprotector Cover!
Thoughts on the Laser Ally? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 pm by RemoteInstall

Thoughts on the Laser Ally?

3 posters

Go down

Thoughts on the Laser Ally? Empty Thoughts on the Laser Ally?

Post by visualestimate Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:11 pm

I was wondering what some peoples thoughts are on the Laser Alloy lidar speed gun? I hear Alliance Ohio now has one of these units.

visualestimate
Cat and Mouse Professional
Cat and Mouse Professional

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the Laser Ally? Empty Re: Thoughts on the Laser Ally?

Post by category4 Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:02 pm

I think the two major manufacturers of jammers have the Laser Al Lie as of now, so hopefully a jamming solution is coming soon.

I'm not too worried, in the last 3 years I have only run into PL3's and UL's. Not even a single truspeed. The odds of having a jammer and getting hit with this new gun are very remote.
category4
category4
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the Laser Ally? Empty Just got tapped.

Post by RemoteInstall Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Just got tapped by the TruSpeed two day's in a row on I-78 the TruSpeed is very much so alive. Got hit by what i beleive to be another one on I-80 about a week ago. The Truspeed is very well and Alive where I am around the NJ area. I am afraid the LJ producers will not have an answer on this one. My reasons. In the first three weeks of stealth mode being out with the laser atlanta Blinder in denmark had the alg. In this situation it's on the streets in two places and no alg. This is not looking good at all. The major problem here is field software upgradability which is bragged about in this video on youtube.

The video below shows the LaserAlly chew the newest Rev. LI for breakfast. Rev 8 LI lidar jammer being ate by LaserAlly below. The same happened with blinder even when blinder was given multipule test runs and chances to redo their algs inbetween in an attempt to fight back. This doesn't look to hot to me. Not even a warning Sad? If you can't detect you can't jam!? Lastly the LaserAlly is upgradable as you see in this promo video at any point in time. Meaning as soon as Blinder does beat them, or LI. THey just flash new Algs and we are right back where we started, so one week you may win the next you may get a ticket. The future of jamming is starting to become a harsh reality of dissapearence we all knew this day would eventually come. I firmly beleive the laserally if not the end is the very begining of the end of laser jamming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac5DiRBxmrI

RemoteInstall-
RemoteInstall
RemoteInstall
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

http://speedenforcement.freeforumshosting.info/forum

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the Laser Ally? Empty Something to note about the theory of freq hopping radar/laser in usa.

Post by RemoteInstall Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:41 pm

The only reason why we don't have the Truspeed Euro in the states is because the IACP's certification requirements allowed only fixed pulse rate guns to be certified. If the IACP keeps its requirement that means the Laser Ally and Laser Atlanta Speed laser won't have a variable pulse rate. It would be pretty easy for you to change the pulse rate as the jammer companies add the data to the look up table, but I see one huge flaw in the courtroom.

For example let's say your gun operates at 25hz and the Blinder counters it. You make a new pulse rate at 25.2 Hz, then 25.6 Hz, etc. While you'd easily be able to defeat jammers by constantly changing the pulse rate, you'd kill your own company in the court room if the certification papers showed one pulse rate while the gun was shooting at another pulse rate. OR...let's say the IACP approved your gun at 45pps in testing, but you changed the pulse rate 5 months down the road to 50pps because the jammer companies figured it out. I would think a traffic attorney would have a hay day claiming the 50pps rate wasn't tested by the IACP and therefore wasn't reliable.

OR

If your gun truly is a random pulse rate generator a traffic attorney could subpoena the source code of the gun to prove its accuracy. If you keep up with trials you may remember the breathalizer company that refused to give up the source code for it's breathalizers. When the company refused to give up the code the judge ruled in favor of the defendant. All DUI cases that used the breathalizer were thrown out. In a way I hope I get a LIDAR ticket from a Laser Ally gun so I can use that same exact court room tactic.

RemoteInstall-
RemoteInstall
RemoteInstall
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the Laser Ally? Empty More info obtained today in a news release about LaserAlly.

Post by RemoteInstall Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Laser Atlanta releases new jammer algorithms in level 4 software
Posted on September 28, 2010 at 8:18 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE 11/12/2010: Scott Patterson, CEO of DragonEye Technology, LLC was kind enough to inform me that my guess work on Laser Ally's anti-jammer software is infact not what I presumed. Mr. Patterson issued the following statement below in regards to my blog post:

“The anti-jamming technology developed and used in the LaserAlly LIDAR is proprietary to DragonEye Technology, LLC and is not licensed to or from any third party. We can understand how the timing of certain software upgrades from others might have lead to uncertainty on this issue. I would like to thank Chris and LaserJammerTests for allowing us to address the issue. Digital Ally is the exclusive distributor of the Laser Ally."

Scott Patterson

President

DragonEye Technology, LLC

5680 Oakbrook Parkway, Suite 149

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The laser jammer companies have been freaking out over the new Laser Ally speed gun because it's the latest gun to be jammer proof, however Laser Ally may have bought the licensing from Laser Atlanta. In a short period of time after Digital Ally released its new LIDAR gun, Laser Atlanta issued a press release for the new LEVEL 4 automatic upgrades on their R, B, and S SpeedLaser models. The new guns look the same, however the LIDAR manufacturer claims the following written below: *Please see update to the blog post above. The text above crossed out isn't accurate according to DragonEye Tech.

Laser Atlanta Upgrades Its SpeedLaser® Models

Norcross, GA (PRWEB) September 21, 2010

Laser Atlanta, LLC announced improvements to its product line that contain several upgrades in hardware, software, and feature sets to develop the current “Level 4” SpeedLaser. These enhancements are now available on every model offered including the S (standard), B (binocular), and R (rugged).

The new and advanced improvements include:

1. HUD (heads-up display) that auto rotates in a horizontal or vertical position depending on operation and HUD optics with newly designed combiner.

2. HUD display which indicates speed, range, or both.

3. An all-inclusive logic processor with additional RAM, ROM, and a more user friendly interface.

4. New firmware/software upgrades which include:

a. Following to Close™ special “tail gating” software that measures distance between vehicles.

b. New Stealth Mode™ operation that is undetectable by most laser jammers.

c. New jammer algorithms to anticipate newly designed laser detectors.

5. New updated CPU board which supports our high resolution encoder.

6. New CPU board which supports the Dual Access HUD.

7. Optional improved video camera (SpeedProof™ Evidence Recorder) with 2X the amount of zoom and brighter picture.

8. Optional wireless Bluetooth® technology with its patented methodology.

9. Optional 9V battery handle with disposable or rechargeable 9V batteries and wall charger.

10. Service support now includes “while you wait” annual certifications and 48 hour turnaround policy for repairs.

Laser Atlanta is the original developer of the SpeedLaser LIDAR based speed detection technology and has thousands of units in force throughout the world. The enhanced Level 4 models now have the most advanced technology available in the market today at a price that affordably enables law enforcement agencies to provide the technology to their entire fleet.

Laser Atlanta developed and launched the Level 4 enhancements after extensive research and investment in technology applying the latest available developments in LIDAR and optics.

Laser Atlanta’s management stated, “We are delighted to be able to offer these new technologies, features and upgrades. Our speed detector product line excels in the industry as the fastest, reaching out the farthest and being the most feature rich. Additionally, our products have the best maintenance ‘total cost of ownership’ in the industry. Laser Atlanta products are superior in reliability, accuracy, value and service excellence.”

Other advantages of the SpeedLaser include:

•Patented true speed accuracy validation technology with the highest quality courtroom credibility and outstanding range (up to 7,000 feet/2,133 meters)

•Rugged housing manufactured out of GE Lexan®

•Jammer detection

•Automated daily test

•Available Bluetooth wireless technology

•Dot and crosshair HUD, RS232 data output

•International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) listed

SpeedLasers are designed and manufactured in the USA with low cost software upgrades available to law enforcement and the best warranty in the industry. The R and S models have an available 8x user installable monocular scope and USB/SD storage. The R model has video capture options as well as print and photo evidence capabilities.

About Laser Atlanta

Since 1989, Laser Atlanta has been one of the leading innovators in the design, manufacture and sale of LIDAR products. We use our unique laser platform to provide ranging solutions for the military and civil engineering community. Since 1991, Laser Atlanta has been the trendsetter for LIDAR speed detection devices for law enforcement. With the fastest acquisition time, longest range and proprietary Stealth Mode™, SpeedLasers produce tickets that stick even against drivers using jammers. With three models from which to choose, the best warranty in the business and all-weather use, SpeedLaser LIDAR is the World’s Best for the World’s Finest™. Visit www.LaserAtlanta.com for more information.

SpeedLaser® and Laser Atlanta are registered trademarks of Laser Atlanta, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Contact Information

Kris Maure

Laser Atlanta, LLC

http://www.laseratlanta.com

770-446-3866 ext. 140

Digital Ally is the exclusive distributor of the Laser Ally. Digital Ally is the exclusive distributor of the Laser Ally.”

Scott Patterson

President

DragonEye Technology, LLC

5680 Oakbrook Parkway, Suite 149

Norcross, GA 30093
RemoteInstall
RemoteInstall
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the Laser Ally? Empty Re: Thoughts on the Laser Ally?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down